Saturday, March 29, 2014

Friends, Please indulge me. 

Today would have been my Dad's 78th Birthday. 

Happy Birthday Dad. I miss you. No one has ever or could ever fill your shoes. No exclamation points, just how it is.

But you know, the memories of you are super! I miss our talks and our weekly trips. I have met people who don't know you but share a kindred spirit in the sense of caring for their own kids and other kids as well, people who go beyond the barriers of just feeding and clothing their kids. These are people who go the distance to touch lives for no other reason than the caring hearts that they have.

I see you Dad. Not just in my family but hidden away in the hearts of others. I try to look for you when things don't go well. .. It is then that I feel you are sending strong people to be around me. Hearts that care, hearts that are strong, hearts that push through the daily struggles that try to force us to give up. Thank you for who you were, are and will always be to me. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment